Saturday, July 9, 2011

No excuses

I could get into all of the reasons why I haven't been posting but that is no fun and I am typing on an iPad during Magpie's swim class.

So I won't.

At the farm things are finally growing as now that we are in JULY summer seems to have hit. We are eating peas, onions, garlic, garlic tops, GREENS' herbs, lettuces, radishes, strawberries, raspberries, broccoli and beet greens. I don't count those with the masses of cabbages and kales. We have carrots, beets, and basils coming up from seeds, tomatoes putting on fruit in the hoop house, and the chiles are starting to take off. I have visions of late summer bounty and will plan on preserving mightily!

Things already preserved and, in some cases consumed: cabbage kimchi, green onion kimchi, strawberry jam, pickled onions (quick). I am so excited fo sauerkraut that I can hardly wait - last year that was a huge hit. Fermenting and pickling are more interesting than the sweet stuff but we will probably have a mix of all of it.

Off to help clean up the farm for the annual tours.

There are some photos to post but I need to figure that out....

No comments:

Post a Comment